Indigenous Wellness Training Society Now in Surrey!
The Indigenous Wellness Training Society provides:
- A residential recovery home promoting resiliency;
- A therapeutic and a warm supportive environment;
- A “recovery system” assisting clients to overcome alcohol and drug addictions;
- Wellness promotion teaching life skills and job skills;
- Addiction related workshops and one-to-one counselling;
- Education of traditional Indigenous Values;
- To promote healthy eating and living;
- Providing skills sets and training for clients to operate their own business;
- Operation of social enterprise businesses for the purpose of on-the-job skills training.
To accomplish this we have five drivers of empowerment which are Recovery, Education, Employment, Culture and Life Skills.
- Recovery leads to self-efficacy which is a sense of personal accomplishment
- Education leads to self-determination which is a sense of personal choice
- Employment (Business Skills) leads to personal consequence which is a sense of having an impact
- Culture leads to meaning which is a sense of having value in cultural activities
- Life Skills leads to trust which is a sense of security
Check out their page for more information! http://indigenoustc.com/